Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Two months and 1 day after "the event"

I weighed this morning before going to cardiology rehab: Down 31 pounds since "the event." Very gratifying, since I was on a plateau for a couple weeks, varying by a pound or two around 25 pounds lost.

In terms of my diet, I've been eating pretty much anything that grows out of the ground or swims in the sea (with an occasional nibble of something that walks on legs or that comes from a cow.) The first few weeks after I came home from the hospital were really difficult due to the massive change in my menu. Withdrawal from added salt was perhaps the most difficult. But after about three weeks, my taste buds seem to have been reset, and I'm quite satisfied with what I'm eating:

Breakfast is usually a small bowl of Cheerios with skim milk and a piece of fruit. Lunch and dinner generally include lots of fresh fruit (peaches, apricots, cherries, mangos, papaya, bananas, raspberries, oranges, and pineapple), fresh pico de gallo salsa with an avocado added, mixed nuts (pecans are my favorite, with almonds running a close second), salads with lots of vegetables and low-fat Italian dressing, and of course fish (mostly salmon).

Lunch today was a "vegetarian stifado sandwich with eggplant" at the Greek place across the street from work. The only questionable ingredient was the pita made with white flower - a minor indulgence.

No comments:

Post a Comment